Pages

About Me

My photo
I'm Kyle, and I forget when I start my laundry. Also, I am a small human being and apparently a college student. I laugh a lot - usually in my brain, and usually when nobody else laughs. Oh, and I've probably consumed more Skittles than any other human being on planet earth.
Powered by Blogger.

Once more - Dear Wife-to-be

Sunday, June 30, 2013

Listen, there aren't many things I enjoy more than a good letter. I like writing them and I like reading them. Usually, of course, when I write a letter I know who I'm writing to - makes sense, right? But, on a few occasions, I've written letters to an unknown recipient. These letters are addressed to my future wife, but I obviously don't know who that is. I'm not at all sure why I felt the need to write them, but I felt it, so I wrote them. This isn't the first of these letters that I've posted, but it will be the last. I'm posting it for two reasons - 1) It's the last day (last minute, in fact) of the month and I haven't posted anything yet, and 2) To hold myself accountable to what I've written.

So, while sharing these letters with you may defeat the purpose of writing them, I'm sharing them anyway. Read them if you'd like, scoff at them if you'd like, ignore them if you'd like - lots of options!





Dear Wife-to-be,

I am a work in progress.

This is no secret, of course, but I thought you should hear it from me before discovering this fact for yourself.

I will make mistakes, I'm sure of that. There will be times when I don't know what to say, or how to say it. There will be times that I say too much, and times I don't say enough. I am a work in progress, and at times, it seems, progress is slow - but I won't stop, I can promise you that.

I want you to know this as well - I believe.

I believe in laughter. I believe in happiness, and magic. I believe in dreams. I believe in love.

I believe in you.

I believe in you, in your happiness, and in your dreams. And I can't wait to hear all about them.

So please, tell me. Tell me your dreams, and let me help you with them. Tell me your deepest fears, and your greatest joys. Tell me about the happy times, and the sad times; the good days and the bad. Tell me what matters most to you, and what you hold most dear. What gets you out of bed in the morning? What makes your day?

Will you dream with me?

It doesn't matter so much, to me, where you are right now - I know you're where you ought to be. What matters to me is that you're happy, and that, when we find each other, we're ready. So brace yourself - be prepared to laugh, to shake your head, to wonder and to wander; be prepared to cry, to try, to look a little foolish, and to be so happy it almost seems unfair.

Prepare now, because once we find each other, things just won't be the same. And I look forward to that.

You will change my life - of that I am certain, and for that I am grateful.

I simply adore you.





No comments:

 

Popular Posts